Executive Assistant w/ Na Ali’i
Job Purpose: Under general supervision, provide administrative support in an office environment with a variety of moderate to complex tasks and functional activity. Although based out of Hawaii, this position is located in Arlington, VA.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations, establishing new standards and procedures, and maintaining office records and equipment.
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications, and to maintain company’s professional image.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings if necessary
- Assist with all aspects of new-hire onboarding
- Manage calendar invites for team meetings
- Assist in the contractor travel request and booking process
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Design and apply standards and procedures to implement office policies; plan and implement office systems, layouts, and day-to-day operations (such as distributing access keys and employee materials).
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain security clearance or currently hold a clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires at least two years’ experience providing support at a high level. Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite. Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Physical requirements: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.