Job Title: Specialist, FEPOC Digital Communications Lead
Career Band: B
Job ID #: 8793
SUMMARY: The Lead Specialist, FEPOC Digital Communications will manage the internal and customer-facing digital communications channels and web projects, with a particular emphasis on BlueWeb. The role will focus on digital content development and management, look and feel, and the user experience. The individual will work closely with staff and management throughout the organization to ensure that project teams’ web-based communications goals are clearly defined and met. Drives digital communication strategy to develop, implement, track and optimize FEPOC web presence to meet the expanding communication needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Oversees FEPOC digital communication channels, mini-sites, and applications to align with FEPOC communication strategy and technology roadmaps. Works with website developers and editorial content contributors to meet business needs and requirements, while also identifying new opportunities.
2. Manages and contributes to the development and maintenance of all digital content. Reports project milestones, communication effectiveness and measures data to report key outcomes. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on changes and status updates.
3. Lead in the change processes for all sections of FEPOC customer-facing web pages. Proven ability to copy edit and ensure writing is consistent with the FEP Operations Center® (FEPOC) style guide, and in compliance with legal and branding regulations.
4. Oversee and lead personnel in all aspects of website design including; development of requirements, work plans, functional and graphic design, testing, working with implementation teams, content management, vendor selection and usability testing.
5. Other tasks related to the development, implementation and maintenance of FEPOC internal and customer-facing web sites and communication objectives, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field, or equivalent training and/or work experience. A minimum of 5 years in communications, digital community management, and/or content management.
• Excellent web content management skills, deep knowledge of user experience, and the ability to efficiently implement a product roadmap through insightful leadership.
• Demonstrated proficiency in writing compelling marketing content for a wide variety of media and content type (newsletters, brochures, web pages, videos, presentations, emails, proposals, etc.), and to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader.
• Superb proofreading and editing skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines.
• Expertise in reporting and presenting data-driven results, tracking outcomes, and business value.
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments, understand client needs, and the end-user customer experience. Ability to work in a matrix environment.
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Must have the ability to work independently to manage multiple projects while leading digital communications initiatives. Must be able to think strategically, and proactively liaise with multiple departments and customers to drive FEPOC communications strategy through managing and expanding digital communication vehicles.
The successful candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated experience with digital community management and development, and the ability to leverage digital communications within the larger, comprehensive communications strategy.
• Strong writing skills with the responsibility for ensuring high standards of editorial quality, accuracy, relevance, readability, user experience, and compliance.
• Ability to track and analyze measurable results and outcomes
• Familiarity with web content management systems such as, LifeRay, Sharepoint, Drupal, etc. is highly recommended.
• Experience formatting content for the web and graphic design
• Knowledge of taxonomy and web content organization
• Familiarity with MS Project Manager or other project management software
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Plan Communication
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: August 18, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.