Job Title: Technician, Enrollment
Career Band: II
Job ID #: 8788
SUMMARY: This position ensures that accounts are accurately and timely enrolled and reconciled so that the system is correct and the member is satisfied. In accomplishing its accountabilities, the position must interact and coordinate with accounts, members, sales, underwriting, finance, systems, and other Blues Plans’ account installation, HMOs, payroll offices, the Office of Personnel Management and other internal service units of CareFirst. The position also is responsible for receiving returned mail, scanning and verification of the documents and updating member addresses.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Supervisor or Team Lead, the essential duties and responsibilities included but are not limited to the following:
- Process enrollment related activities for all lines of business as requested via fax, U.S. mail, and/or e-mail. Process SSN letters, Enrollment Confirmation Forms, Other Health Information Questionnaires, 1095B activity as well as address updates via FEP Direct.
- Verify enrollment status and complete Quality Review processes of forms received via FAX or scanned to the Any Doc System. Ensure documents are properly routed to appropriate form families. Utilize multiple FEPOC systems including, but not limited to, FEPDirect, AnyDoc, On-Base, SRTS, and Outlook (email incoming Inquiries). Responsible for the reporting of daily activities and inventory. Working with CareFirst UCP Mailing Area. Enrollment Business Areas, and Contact Center on mailings, scanning, and other related activity.
- Assist in audit activities and archiving of files.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent plus 2-3 years’ experience in membership enrollment, member services, billing, claims operations and or data analysis. Skilled application of MS Office Suite as well as corporate e-mail and calendar systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills, PC literacy, keyboard and problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Can handle multiple and shifting priorities
- Attention to detail in regard to entering data into the appropriate FEPOC systems
- Must possess relevant skills that enable the associate to meet all individual quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Experience in a health insurance/payment environment
- Experience in a high volume operation
- Experience with the following applications: RightFax, FEPDirect, AnyDoc, On-Base, SRTS, and Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Enrollment Busi Support
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: August 17, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.