Job Title: FEPOC Senior Security Systems Engineer
Career Band: B
Job ID#: 8771
Primarily responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, performance, tuning, problem determination, and administration of a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution. Senior Security Systems Engineers are subject matter experts and accountable for multiple software and hardware solutions.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the supervision of the Manager of Information Security, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate activities with infrastructure engineers, network engineers, DBAs, and information security personnel
- Gather and understand technical requirements related to functionality, design, and integration
- Assist in the design of log collection and data flow between solution and target systems
- Help troubleshoot the log collection from networking devices, operating systems, databases, security applications, and more
- Configure queries, correlation rules, dashboards, alerts, searches, reports, etc., based on operating systems, platform, data type, and other reporting elements
- Support and enhance event parsing, log collection and storage, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities
- Help develop processes and procedures around security event management
- Supporting the forensics team with investigations
- Managing vendor support for the SIEM system
- Understanding of Enterprise SIEM architecture and components
- Working knowledge of regular expressions
- Working knowledge of building and managing SIEM rules, reports and offenses
- Understanding of basic system architecture design
- Working knowledge of security technologies such as firewalls, encryption using keys, SSL, HTTPS, SSH, intrusion detection, routing switch ACLs, VLAN, Span Ports, Network IDS / IPS platforms
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of LINUX operating system and features such as vi, iptables, ssh, cat, tail, grep etc
- Possess effective verbal and written communications as well as strong organizational skills
- Must be capable of working well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment
Required: College Degree in an Information Security or Technology related field or equivalent experience plus 2-4 years related experience. The incumbent will possess an extensive knowledge of information security concepts, information security policies and system architecture concepts. The incumbent should have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with Information Security tools in a large, complex, multi-platform environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Network and Security Operation
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: August 12, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.