Job Title: Manager, Broker Sales Support & Services
Career Band: C
Job ID #: 8737
Manages a team of dedicated resources that support our top-producing (tiered) brokers and agents with sales support (new & renewal business) and customer service. The section consisting of Field Service Representatives, Researchers, Customer Service Representatives, Sales Assistants, Account Implementers, Project Managers, Analyst, Clerks and Supervisors. Ensures daily operation runs with optimum efficiency to achieve all internal and external corporate goals and objectives. Responsible for ensuring high quality, timely, cost effective service, and for maintaining high levels of customer and provider satisfaction and retention. Monitors section performance to ensure that all expectations are met while containing costs to meet financial goals. Recommends, coordinates, and directs solutions to improve operations and customer and provider service, working cross-functionally throughout the organization.
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Manager’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Manages and leads daily activities of a large Operations area of business. Maintains a high level of member, provider, and account satisfaction and retention by leading associates responsible for handling inquiries or processing claims or enrolling accounts for members, providers, group administrators, brokers, attorneys, insurance commissioners, and inquiries addressed to Senior Executive Staff and Medical Directors. Responsible for all aspects of the section’s operation, including onsite and dedicate service to prestigious brokers, accounts, members, providers, claims adjustment and clerical workflows. Ensures that staffs receive training, guidance, direction, support, and development, in order to obtain targeted results. Ensures that a consistent, high quality, timely and cost effective level of service is provided, and that all internal and external (i.e. NMIS, NCQA performance standards) goals and objectives are met.
2. Coordinates cross-functionally with a wide range of areas, especially Broker Sales to support the sale and retention of group business, exceed customer needs, implement projects, addresses service/processing issues, improves quality of service, and implements useful and improved technology. Represents the Operational area on a wide range of corporate initiatives. Coordinates and develops policies, as well as the relationships, between the areas managed and other departments of the corporation (such as Sales, Medical Affairs, Systems Analysis and Planning, Network Management, Contract Compliance, Legal, etc.) in order to:
• facilitate the exchange of information,
• provide competitive analysis and product planning,
• aid strategic initiatives,
• ensure customer and broker service issues are taken into consideration
• ensure intradepartmental initiatives are effectively coordinated and implemented
• achieve results
Ensures compliance of the areas managed with all regulatory requirements, mandates, policies and other requirements. Provides substantial day-to-day support for internal areas.
- Maintains regular contact with and is accountable for group administrators’ and broker satisfaction. Responsible for the resolution of highly complex and sensitive account/member/broker issues. Develop and maintain direct customer and broker contacts with key personal at top producing brokerage agencies and partners; personally handles the most complex and difficult inquiries and situations. Prepares and delivers formal presentations, conducts broker and account visits, interacts on a face-to-face basis with current and prospective accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes data, reports, survey results, complaints, appeals data and performance information to strategically determine allocation of staff and to consistently meet or exceed performance expectations. Develops strategies and executes detailed action plans to ensure excellent results and continuous improvement of broker service operation.
- Responsible for associate development including Supervisor skills building. Creates, approves and discusses all performance plans and reviews for associates. Ensures adequate training, associate development and support. Identifies performance issues and develops plans to improve that performance. Uses action plans and career path tools where applicable. Ensures staff adhere to all policies, procedures and processes. Responsible for a positive and productive work environment and provides ongoing reinforcement and identification and resolution of problems. Hires and terminates employment; handles corrective action. Meets with staff at least bi-weekly.
- Prepares and manages section’s budget and allocation of resources.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Five to eight years of progressive management or supervisory experience in a sales, sales support, customer service, claims or enrollment and billing related discipline. Health Insurance Sales and/or Call Center Experience, including knowledge of state of the art technology and latest industry tools and techniques.
Abilities/Skills: Proven ability to manage a large section and multiple responsibilities. Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Customer-focused and results-oriented. Strong analytical/problem-solving abilities. Extremely well-organized. Demonstrated ability to achieve results under pressure. Strong interpersonal and team building skills. Innovative, flexible leader.
Preferred:Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration Preferred.
Life & Health Producers License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: SM SBU Broker Services, Sales
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: July 13, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.