Job Title: Liaison, Broker Relations
Career Band: II
Job ID #: 8732
PURPOSE: Responsible for communication and support of Broker Sales Staff, Broker-distribution, Direct Brokers and qualified General and Full Service Producers. The position will, primarily, serve as a coordinator for all Block Transfers, Broker of Record Transfers, Broker/Agent Agreement reviews, and Contracting and Compliance regulations within the established guidelines for both DC & MD locations. Position will also support the unit’s work related to the processing of paperwork to ensure agent licensing and appointment information is updated accurately for all Group and IMD business.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES – may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Analyze documentation submitted by Broker, FSP, GP or Direct Broker to determine appropriate course of action. Focus on timely and accurate processing of all Broker of Record (BOR), Block Transfers and Broker/Agent Agreements for Group and Consumer Direct business. Analyze each Broker/Agent’s block of business to determine and identify all groups associated with the broker/agent. Coordinate with Benefitfocus team in regards to 51-199 group business and other matters pertaining to electronic enrollment. Provides professional, accurate and timely responses to requests and or inquiries from internal and external customers. Update completed work daily into SharePoint to track and trend department inventory as required by Management. Responsibility includes data entry into various databases to assure accuracy and internal unit tracking of all such Transfer work and broker/agent agreement data. Independent analysis and critical thinking required in order to understand department financial repercussions if accuracy has not been attained. Must compose written correspondence for customers for all Transfers and maintain adherence to unit SOP’s..
2. Responsible for updating broker data into nomoreforms appointment website; Update Facets system with BOR/Block Transfer data for accounts going through a Broker, FSP, GP or Direct Broker. Update Account Manager, billing parameters in Facets. Responsible for tracking and scanning all approved Broker/Agent Agreements and imputing broker data into TrueProducer. Responsible for verifying broker’s health licenses and appointments within various State jurisdictions via their web sites. Approve agent E&O applications on MGA Insurance websites, and ensure all E&O certificates meet Risk management requirements. Research and conduct audit review of broker data for credentialing requirements for Broker Accounting to ensure accurate processing of broker commissions, and support certain aspects of the Broker Distribution Contracting responsibilities.
3. Responsible for providing full ranges of support for Broker Sales Representatives on issues pertaining to their accounts. Responding to management-requested adhoc and routine reports to support Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Broker of Record Transfers, Block Transfers, Broker/Agent Agreement processing and agent licensing, insurance and appointment status. Point of contact for documentation verification required for various State audits and provides immediate feedback after completing review. Responsible for developing and documenting accurate and complete work flows and SOP’s, for the Contracting and Compliance and Transfers functions, including detailed coordination with counterpart. Be able to prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred minimum of 3 years combined experience in client and broker communication & interaction. Possess techniques to achieve exemplary customer service, good time management and training skills, and keen decision-making. Experience in utilizing and applying mainframe systems data, underwriting guidelines, jurisdiction/State-mandated legislation and regulations related to Small Group and Broker-related health care marketing and sales. A minimum of 2-3 years of customer service environment experience is required and experience in health insurance/managed care industry is preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred, while professional experience will also be taken into consideration.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with people at different organizational levels both internally and externally
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work and make decisions independently and in a team environment
• General-user knowledge of CareFirst, Inc. mainframe systems and others as corporate growth requires.
• Intermediate skills with CareFirst, Inc. supported PC-based software applications.
• General knowledge of CareFirst, Inc. products and others as corporate growth requires.
• General knowledge of agent appointments, licensing and other related health insurance laws and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: SM SBU Broker Contracting
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: July 10, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.