Job Title: Director, FEP Data Warehouse
Career Band: C
Job ID #: 8688
SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of data warehousing and data mart systems and services for FEP Operation Center. Works closely with customers from a strategic perspective to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize data marts and/or data warehouse systems to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable the work force to use technologies as a competitive tool. Ensures the development of enterprise-wide standards for the Operational Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse and Big Data environment to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms. Provides corporate leadership, vision, and direction for data warehouse systems, in support of the FEP Operation Center business objectives and requirements.
Responsible for the efficient processing of incoming and outgoing data, the design of current as well as next generation state-of-the-art data information and knowledge management systems. Provide a combined leadership, hands-on, mentoring and coaching role in the Data Warehouse process and governance.
Provide solution and strategy documentation between business requirements and resulting data models to explain all scope, approach, assumptions, entity and attribute definitions and object domains.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under the general direction of the Sr. Director of Informatics , the incumbent is responsible for the leadership and management of corporate wide data as a strategic asset. Also, s/he is responsible for the application of Information Technologies essential to the delivery of excellent data services. Specific scope of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1 .Collaborates with Senior Managers in defining the strategic view of corporate business information needs. Directs Data Warehouse team(s) in understanding global business processes systems and design, implementing and managing an enterprise domain data model and data dictionary. Ensure full life cycles of data model and manage flow of data, articulate a data access/usage strategy for enterprise data, conduct logical and physical data model walk-throughs and other design review sessions, and monitor technology trends and exploit technical solutions that provide a competitive advantage.
- Design innovative solutions to challenging problems. Establish and control a data integration/data access/usage strategy for enterprise data. Effectively communicates data strategies to stakeholders (business, IT management, developers). Evolve and sustain effective partnerships with key stakeholders. Lead the conversion of business requirements into logical data models through the identification of key business concepts. Define projects, develops and manages plans and resources. Develop plans to build application and architecture integration for business unit.
- Design and review data models used to support Data Quality and ETL processes used to populate data warehouses and data marts. Directs activities controlling and managing the business and technical metadata for assigned data subject areas, ensuring they are current, accurate and properly integrated. Integrate assigned data models into overall Data Warehouse data model. Ensure operational systems and analytical data warehouses are able to support all business requirements.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in advanced and emerging systems development technology in order to offer recommendations on infrastructure refinement.
- Directs the design, development and maintenance of corporate data management principles and practices for the management of data as a critical corporate asset. Directs all initiatives for Corporate Data Systems Department ensuring that staff remains focused on customer expectations and satisfaction.
- Provides knowledge and support in conjunction with the IT director staff to assist the Executive Leadership Team in department strategic planning.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in data warehouse practices, data management tools, and reporting/decision support tools in order to provide corporate vision and oversight of the current environment to offering recommendations enabling FEPOC to maintain a competitive edge in the managed care marketplace.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirements.
The successful incumbent will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent and 10 years management experience (advanced degree preferred). The incumbent must have strong customer service orientation, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to motivate and persuade others. This individual must possess excellent strategic thinking and planning skills and the ability to develop and implement departmental plans. Additionally, the incumbent must have the ability to identify priorities and achieve results with a sense of urgency and give honest straightforward opinions on related issues. As a leader, the incumbent must be able to demonstrate equal amounts of results orientation, ability to lead people, and be willing to contribute ideas/opinions and take risks, where appropriate. As a Director, the incumbent should strive to develop and train staff, encourage a team approach and cross-functional teamwork to serve the best interests of the client and the organization.
Broad and deep technology experience specifically with regards to enterprise data architecture, data warehousing and business intelligence initiatives. Good general architectural experience with a focus and experience in conceptualizing and realizing enterprise data warehouse strategy including: operational data store, metadata tools etc. Specific qualifications and skills would include, but not limited to:
- Proven track record of delivery of enterprise-wide data warehousing initiatives.
- Technical knowledge and expertise in overall data warehousing concepts, conceptual, logical and physical data modeling, relational and dimensional data models, data dictionary content and metadata usage, object modeling, database concepts and design, Big Data design, , UML, MOF, XMI, and CWM.
- Strong negotiation and business partnering skills required.
- Experience driving end to end technical landscape solutions.
- Program management for large-scale applications experience required.
- Must have strong coordination and communicate skills to work with other IT groups and business partners to ensure the alignment of plan objectives and activities
- Must have experience in determining project scope, resource requirements, budget and timelines based on business needs and information management and data architecture capability.
- Must have proven record in overcoming difficulties and cutting through bureaucracy to address business issues quickly and decisively.
- Must have proven record in providing innovative technology solutions and process improvement while working within existing constraints.
- Must maintain a high level understanding of new technology developments that have potential for significant business impact.
- Hire, motivate, retain and develop highly skilled technology professionals.
- Must foster a work environment that promotes personal satisfaction and provides professional development for employees and encourages the development of leaders across IM through job rotation, developmental assignments and responsibility for highly visible projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: FEP Data Warehouse
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: July 27, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.