Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist – 4 to 8 Years Experience (19962)
Work for an Industry Leader!
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist at our Arlington, VA office with 4 to 8 years of related environmental experience. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting with management and coordination of project tasks, preparing reports and work plans, project related office and field work, evaluating site data and preparing investigative scopes of work, data management and interpretation, experience interacting with local regulatory agencies and clients, performing soil / groundwater / vapor environmental investigations and developing conceptual site models. In addition, excellent communication skills, possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering;
- Ideally will possess 4 to 8 years of related environmental experience; Experience in the Mid‑Atlantic region is preferred;
- Proficiency in environmental regulations, office and field experience related to site investigations, site remediation, Phase I and II projects;
- Experience with oil and gas, asbestos, lead, mold, environmental compliance a plus;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing, working with remediation contractors, lab coordination and interacting with clients;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Effectively assist with the management of projects from concept through completion;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; AutoCAD a plus;
- Candidates must be able to work in the office and the field as necessary;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job site and client locations;
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 50% of the time domestically; Willingness to travel internationally is also desired; and,
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends, when needed.
We thank you for your interest in Langan!
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability