Event Services Operation Assistant – George Mason University
Event Services Operation Assistant works with students, faculty, staff and external clients to ensure the delivery of event support services; assists with issues related to operations and room setup configurations for events; and is responsible for providing event support for university events. The incumbent is expected to work some evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Events Services Supervisor at the Science and Technology (formerly Prince William) campus. Specific duties include:
- Perform room and venue setups for events, including but not limited to furnishings (table, chairs, podiums, staging, pipe and drape, skirting) and basic audiovisual setups;
- Provide event support to our clients during events;
- Identify and notify maintenance issues to the Events Services Supervisor; and
- Provide operational support to other areas as assigned by a supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Conference center/hotel venue setup experience preferred; and
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment would be helpful, but not required.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG9840 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. For full job description and to apply- http://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/37911