Job Title: Specialist, Application Integration Sr.
Career Band: B
Job ID #: 8617
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Development and/or modification of procedures, programs or hardware to solve business systems problems, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating costs and business needs. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Has technical skill and experience necessary to develop custom solutions. Works with the technical team and management to propose system strategies to support company needs.
1. Assist with systems administration, database and system design, development and implementation to insure compatibility with existing Architecture;
2. Design and implement next generation web and multi-tier solutions for new applications and existing web-based and client-server application with minimal assistance
3. Perform system development, installation and configuration; Install system software and hardware;
4. Coordinate project plans for development; develop proposals and delivery tasks/issues with minimal assistance;
5. Technical and business writing; including formal/informal oral presentation;
6. Design and development of standards to be maintained; Assist in developing cost models/estimates that are accurate and complete;
7. Performance monitoring, capacity planning, system tuning;
8. Perform testing of software from a performance perspective; Resolve critical availability problems; Monitor, analyze, and tune system parameters;
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Awareness of new technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate initiatives. Experience in client server, OO and/or netcentric development. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Familiarity with network protocols, particularly TCP/IP.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or related IT field OR equivalent experience. Must also have a minimum of 5 years of experience in high-level systems and/or applications and/or network design, development and tuning, as well as with database design and access, and familiarity with networking fundamentals.
Abilities/Skills: Knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems. Experience with multi-system/platform program integration. Experience in many and demonstrated high-level skills in at least one of the following: logical and physical applications design; technical documentation; full-cycle system development; networking; security; web and/or web application server administration; NT, Unix, and/or mainframe systems administration; RDBMS, Web-enabling applications; Java technologies (EJB, JSP, servlet).
- Expert knowledge of SOA, Object-Oriented techniques, programming concepts and design patterns.
- Experience developing web services for application integration.
- Experience developing Pega PRPC applications using health care industry frameworks.
- Experience in using & building PRPC frameworks for reuse, using Pega Connectors & Services for integration, PRPC tools PAL, Tracer, Security Model, Access Groups, UI Portals, Log Analyzer.
- Hands-on experience with Websphere Application Server deployments; should be familiar with Websphere administration console and other Websphere components.
- Working knowledge of SQL, preferably on Oracle.
- Experience developing and implementing governance and best practices for above technologies.
Preferred: BS in Computer Science, Experience with some or all of the following: PEGA PRPC, J2EE, Websphere Portal, IBM FileNet,TIBCO Business Works
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: DAC and Collaboration DC
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: June 11, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.