Administrative Assistant- ASTRO (Arlington, VA)
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for an Administrative Professional to handle office support activities for our Advocacy Division. Major responsibilities will include coordinating committee activities such as arranging conference calls, drafting correspondence and assisting with the committee selection process; developing and distributing materials and minutes for division and committee meetings; assisting with coordination of interdepartmental communication, meetings and activities; maintaining calendars; handling invoices, check requests and reimbursements; organizing and maintaining files and taking care of office supplies and mailing needs.
Our office is currently located in Crystal City/ Arlington, VA
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 to 3 years related work experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, professionalism and telephone etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- An aptitude for technology, demonstrating the ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Ability to manage several tasks from multiple stakeholders, anticipate needs, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Decision-making and problem solving – ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have strong work ethic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with customers inside and outside the organization.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 26 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.