Job Title: Architect, Enterprise III
Career Band: C
Job ID #: 8556
PURPOSE: The incumbent is responsible for leading overall enterprise and solution architecture development efforts, defining actionable solution architectures for key administrative system portfolio in FEP.
The position requires deep knowledge of enterprise and solution architectures, SDLC/Agile, and an ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. It requires knowledge in a broad spectrum of architecture domains including Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Integration Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture, as well as good healthcare industry knowledge.
Under the direction of Senior Director and/or Portfolio Chief Architect, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the definition of enterprise solution architecture and roadmap for a large complex administrative system portfolio in healthcare payer space. Participate in architecture review of solution architectures.
- Maintain an ongoing partnership with the business and delivery partners to apply in-depth knowledge of the business operations, strategies, priorities and information requirements to establish the technical and architectural direction.
- Maintain a high competency in healthcare industry and technology trends. Researches, evaluates and selects from existing and emerging technologies the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs. Lead and contribute to technology evaluations and selections. Conduct proofs of concept for emerging technologies and business concepts.
- Make enterprise and portfolio level architecture, technology recommendations. Establish technical rationale and business case for major architecture and build vs. buy decisions.
- Multi-project management accountabilities in developing and architecting solutions in a collaborative environment. Architects solutions across multiple hardware/software computing environments and system components. Plans and implements process re-engineering or process improvement.
Travel between CareFirst sites is required.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field or equivalent work experience. Incumbent requires 10+ years of experience in enterprise projects within the architectural domain. This position requires significant multi-project management expertise in developing and architecting solutions in a collaborative environment, as well as significant experience in multiple hardware/software computing environments and system components, including Mainframe/CICS, mid-range/AIX, integration tools(IBM MQ, PEGA, DataPower). Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change; Extensive experience in SOA and integration technologies and architecture patterns. Architecture Design experience with SOA, EAI, BPM, BRE, big data/analytics; Demonstrated success in architecting large scale enterprise applications. A combination and good balance of architecture design and hands-on development skills.
The incumbent would interface across several channels, acting as a visionary, to assist, proactively in developing program direction. Possess ability to extract and translate business strategy into architectural requirements. Demonstrate strong personal and organizational leadership skills. Display ability to collaboratively produce quality solutions to organizational needs. Possess strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable with enterprise level decision making and is results oriented. Demonstrate ability to participate and facilitate decision making and anticipate organizational needs. Ability to collaboratively participate in large scale multi-disciplined projects. Ability to design and implement business architecture, processes and strategies. Strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management. Excellent analytical, planning, and communication skills. Act as subject matter expert and mentor less experienced architects. Visionary in anticipating future IT direction and able to communicate that vision to IT and business partners.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Extensive architecture experience in Healthcare insurance industry is a plus. Extensive experience of working with healthcare insurance business and knowledge of payor core administrative systems is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: FEP Provider Service Unit
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: June 19, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.