Job Title: Engineer, Test Automation Script Sr.
Career Band: B
Job ID #: 8503
PURPOSE: The associate ensures the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient, automated test plans, cases and scripts.
The Engineer, Test Automation Script Sr (Sr. TAS/E). will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing automated testing scripts; administering and managing the automated testing tools; and working with manual testing staff to extend and validate test plans, test cases, test scenarios and automated test scripts. In addition, the Sr. TAS/E must be able to communicate affectively in collaboration and providing training to manual testing and business staff.
Develop skills to review, analyze and validate manual test cases and the associated requirements that impact the business production systems. Work is reviewed for accuracy and quality performance.
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Test Automation Architect, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Create, code and key accurate and thorough automated test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
2 Analyze test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
3. Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through Computer Base Training (CBT), Corporate classroom training, testing workshop, reading and research etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
4. Review and analyze business & system requirements and specifications for system programs and modules.
5. Coordinates with customers , the research, analysis and proposed solutions to test discrepancies and test scenarios. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer’s request and obtain information to create test data.
6. Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
7. Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or Care First Information Technology Tacking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.)
• 5-10 years of experience in a technical discipline, 5 of which must be in automated software testing
• Experience creating, modifying and maintaining test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and automated test scripts
• Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
• Ability to create, maintain and run database queries
• Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with 2 to 3 defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest) and 2 test management tools (e.g., TestManager, TestDirector/Quality Center)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience using and managing at least 2 automated testing tools (e.g., QuickTest Pro, WinRunner, LoadRunner, etc.)
• Experience in multiple environments and/or on multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, UNIX, mainframe) and technologies (.Net, Web technologies, etc.)
• Understanding of and direct participation in the requirements management (REQM) and configuration management (CM) processes
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Associate must be a team player, use professional judgement, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
• Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Should be well organized and detail oriented as well as possessing good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in the healthcare industry
• Previous programming experience
• Additional experience with most of the following: Visual Basic C++, Access, TSO, JCL, File Aid, DB2, Telon, Easytrieve, QMF
• Experience with performance testing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Performance Testing
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: June 13, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.