TRADER JOE’S Clarendon- CREW MEMBER Jobs
At Trader Joe’s…unyielding Integrity is required of us all. The most important role for the Crew is to deliver a WOW Customer Experience. The Crew creates a fun, warm and friendly shopping experience throughout the store. They share their product knowledge and enthusiasm with customers and makes sure our customers know they are welcome and cared for.
The Crew are assigned to the following teams based on the daily needs of the store: Customer Experience Team, Product Team, Store Opening Team, and Store Closing Team. The Crew move between teams based on functional need and demonstrate their commitment to our Values Guide by performing the following duties under direction of Captains and Mates:
Engages customers by:
- • Greeting them, making eye contact, smiling, and saying hello.
- • Educating self about products in order to share this knowledge.
- • Answering questions and enthusiastically helping customers find items.
- • Offering suggestions for meals and entertaining.
- • Operating the cash register in a fun yet efficient manner, being respectful of customers’ time.
- • Bagging groceries with care. • Helping customers out to their cars when needed.
- • Promptly getting back to customers who have questions that need follow up.
Prepares the store for customers by:
- • Receiving, unloading and verifying deliveries.
- • Stocking shelves, regularly rotating product and recording unsaleables and returns. • Building eye catching, informative merchandise displays.
- • Exercising proper food handling procedures.
- • Making the store shine – cleaning floors, bathrooms, break rooms.
- • Collecting shopping carts and performing appropriate parking lot and store maintenance and upkeep.
Works as part of a team by:
- • Being friendly, courteous and respectful of fellow crew members – having a positive attitude.
- • Working with a sense of urgency within designated time frames.
- • Seeking out new assignments and responsibilities.
- • Discovering ways to improve processes.
- • Arriving to work on time and ready to work at the start of their shift.
- • Understands the importance of safety while performing all duties.
Additional duties may include performing the Helms role, working in the Demo station, creating signs or artwork, or ordering product as a Section Leader. All tasks are important and build upon our commitment to welcome and WOW! our customers. It is important that each crew member contributes to a great customer experience by participating in all aspects of the job. The Crew work standing and walking throughout their shift. They use repetitive hand movements, and frequently lift weights up to 25 pounds. The Crew may occasionally lift weights from 10-50 pounds, to heights of 10 to 72 inches. They may also maneuver a 2-wheeled hand truck loaded with products weighing up to 200 pounds. Portions of the shift may be performed in temperatures around or below freezing. There may be abrupt temperature changes as the Crew moves from one environment to another. We deem regular and punctual attendance an essential part of the job.
Education: High school graduate preferred.