Evening & Weekend Line Cook / Food Prep
BOWL’D is looking for an experienced kitchen staff member to be part of our daily closers team.
Our founder, Allen Reed, realized that the food you eat everyday is the single biggest contributor to your good health (or poor health!), happy mood and clear thinking brain. He had a burning desire to give people what they want (flavor) and need (nutrition) to promote their own health. He began working hard with chefs who had an interest in delicious and healthier food and BOWL’D was born!
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Show up on time ready to work
- Have solid knife/prep/cooking skills
- Work fast, and keep others working fast along with you
- Send out consistently beautiful food
- Set a good example with food safety and cleanliness
- Be able to set the line up for a successful shift
- Position duties include working multiple kitchen stations (prep, sauté cook, line cook, expediter AND dish washing)
- Efficiently close the BOH- leave it spotless, organized, and well stocked
- Lead and train other staff to do things as well as you do
- Keep the supervisor in the kitchen informed of supplies needed and pay attention to food that needs to be prepped
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST:
- If you want to be part of an exciting new and growing company and will treat the restaurant and staff as your own, we want to talk to you about joining our team and growing with us. If some of this is new to you, we are willing to teach you. A positive attitude and ability to be trained are more important to us than having experience in every area.
- Provide legal proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Have work experience in different kitchen positions (prep cook, line cook, saute cook and expediter preferred)
- Be willing to work multiple stations, including dish washing
- You must have a “clean as you go” mentality and finish each shift with a clean kitchen
- Be able to speak and understand basic English, preferably be able to read and write in English
- Be available most evenings during the week (M-F) and all-day on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Be comfortable in a high volume, fast paced kitchen
- Have reliable transportation
- Be Serv Safe Certified (preferred but not required)Shifts will vary, with minimum shift lengths of three hours and up to eight hours.If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this position, please respond with a resume that includes your work experience and references. Thank you for your interest in BOWL’D!
For Lead/Supervisory roles:
- Lead and train staff to do things as well as you do
- Know how labor numbers work and how to manage them efficiently
- Pay attention to the details of ordering, inventory, and food prep
Minimum age is 16; Applicants can send a resume and cover note to email@example.com indicating referral from Arl Employment Ctr Job Board
Normal Spring Hours of Operation: Mon-Thur 11am – 8:30pm, Fri 11 – 8:00pm, Sat 11:30am – 8pm, Sun11:30am – 8pm http://www.eatbowld.com