New Virginia Majority is the catalytic force for the progressive transformation of Virginia through mass organizing, leadership development, and strategic communications. We are creating a powerful movement that transforms Virginia by organizing communities of color, women, working people, LGBTs, youth and progressive people. Through continuous purposeful and strategic activity, we will create a Virginia that is democratic, just and sustainable.
Voter Registration Program Overview
NVM is hiring Organizers for its voter registration and GOTV campaigns. This is a unique opportunity to work on a non-traditional, data and research driven voter registration campaign transitioning to support of get-out-the-vote efforts in the fall. Positions are available in Northern VA, Richmond VA and Hampton Roads VA.
Job Duties (included but not limited to):
- Assisting in door-to-door and other methods of registering voters
- Assisting Regional Field Director in meeting program goals
- Working with volunteers and fellow staff members to complete assigned tasks
- Ensuring accurate and complete data is submitted
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Potential candidates should be highly organized, self-starters, and detail oriented.
Interested candidates should send their resumes including any organizing, canvassing or campaign experience to email@example.com
College students and recent grads encouraged to apply; candidates should be available for daytime hours as well. Competitive hourly pay.
New Virginia Majority is an equal opportunity employer