Arlington Works! AmeriCorps Program
Currently Accepting Applications – Program Year Sept 2016-Aug 2017
Serve with AmeriCorps, gain experience with a diverse population, and learn new skills!
Applications are now being accepted for the 2016-17 Arlington Works! AmeriCorps program year in Arlington, Virginia (beginning on or about September 1, 2016). Recruiting 8 full-time team members who are passionate about serving the immigrant community by providing educational services that assist low-income immigrants in gaining skills needed for greater economic and academic success.
- ESOL INSTRUCTORS : Teaches ESOL, job skills, and computer skills to adults
- EMERGING LEADERS PROGRAM (ELP) FACILITATORS : Co-leads the 3-part ELP
To learn more and review jobs, visit http://www.arlingtonworks.org (application online is NOT required- see below)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Available full-time (1700 hours; ca. 36 hours/week) from on/about 9/1/16 to on/about 8/ 15/17
- Must be able to serve 2-4 evenings/week and most Saturdays. ESOL Instructors also participate in occasional Friday evening training.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passionate about teaching as well as serving the immigrant community
- Excellent English & interpersonal skills; Spanish fluency helpful for Edu-Futuro positions
- Some experience teaching and working with the foreign-born (desirable)
- Access to a car helpful. Service activities conducted throughout Arlington, Falls Church, and Fairfax.
- $13,400 taxable stipend + FICA
- Local travel reimbursement for service-related activities
- Health insurance paid by Arlington Works!
- Education Award of $5,775 (2015 amount) upon successful completion of service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment
- Professional Development opportunities
- If eligible, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and childcare assistance
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, additional application materials will be sent to eligible applicants. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. It is not necessary to complete an application on the AmeriCorps website. For more information about the positions as well as about the current program year and members, see http://www.arlingtonworks.org. Applicants are advised that acceptance is contingent upon receiving sufficient federal AmeriCorps funding in the summer of 2016.