Entry Level Writer and Editor
Support AEEC corporate proposal team at headquarters office in Reston, VA
The ideal candidate for this role will love writing and working with reports/proposals, and editing and formatting documents. This position provides a great opportunity for growth within the company. Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Apply proper templates and formatting to proposals and reports. Revise standard templates or create new styles or templates as needed to conform to specific document format requirements. Perform complex formatting of tables, graphics, and text. Coordinate with in-house production group to have documents printed.
- Review Request for Proposal (RFP) instructions and contract deliverable specifications to identify formatting requirements.
- Help in proposal writing and support to proposal team
- Interface extensively with senior writers, technical team and others to provide guidance on formatting and version control of report and proposal documents. Format and prepare documents for internal reviews.
- Plan, organize, and implement special projects; prioritize work and independently seek out relevant information.
- Produce charts and other presentation materials. Review, proofread, and edit materials to ensure they are grammatically correct and in approved format.
- Perform general office duties: maintain paper and electronic files; photocopy, fax and prepare documents.
- Maintain confidential or sensitive information and documents.
- Attend department, project, and team meetings.
Citizenship and clearance: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts preferable major in English, History or any other language arts discipline.
- Great writing and editing skills with plus entry level experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word. Experience working with Word Styles and Templates strongly desired. Basic/Intermediate knowledge of Excel, intermediate to expert knowledge preferred. Basic knowledge of computer graphics strongly preferred, including editing, sizing, and importing graphics into Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment while maintaining high quality standards.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on a PC with heavy use of keyboard to execute tasks; heavy use of telephone to interact with employees throughout the organization, as well as with clients and vendors.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=19110062
Referred via Arl Employment Center Job Board