Administrative Assistant- ASTRO
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for an administrative professional to handle general office coordination and volunteer committee support activities for our Clinical Affairs Division. Major responsibilities will include organizing an annual calendar of the division’s volunteer committee meetings, maintaining the committee organizational charts and assisting with the committee appointment process. Additional responsibilities will include coordinating the review and submission of materials for meetings of the Board of Directors, scheduling calls, conducting basic research, updating content on our website, formatting presentations, preparing expense reports, ordering office supplies and maintaining division files.
Our office is currently located in Fairfax, VA but we will be moving to Crystal City on May 9th.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 to 3 years related work experience in an office environment and Association experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills that demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, professionalism and telephone etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience using databases, an Association Management System such as Aptify preferred.
- An aptitude for technology, with the ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Ability to manage several tasks from multiple stakeholders, anticipate needs, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills with the ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented and have strong work ethic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with customers inside and outside the organization.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 26 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized Commuter Benefits
- and more
Visit our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
To apply: Click Here and please indicate referral from Arlington Employment Center