- The American Management Association (AMA) is an international, not-for-profit, membership-based association that provides a broad range of management development and educational services to individuals and organizations.
The Arlington Virginia Executive Conference Center, located in Arlington, VA, is seeking an Assistant Manager: a key role in the overall operations and revenue generation activities inherent in the management of the Conference Center.
Job # 2016-1603 Job Location:2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200 Arlington, VA 22202
• Works with Center Manager to ensure that AMA’s Executive Conference center operation meets the organization’s quality and financial objectives.
• Coordinates all support services to all AMA Practices, AMA faculty and “external” clients.
• Manages the fulfillment and flawless execution of all AMA public seminars, AMA on-site programs, and “external” client meetings.
• Encourages, through personal example, the image and professional integrity expected of all personnel in contact with AMA customers, faculty, clients, vendors, and guests.
• Establishes/maintains an effective and efficient working relationship with AMA departments.
• Collaborates with center manager in preparation and management of the center operating & capital budgets.
• Participates in maintaining the center function diary and planning of the weekly meeting activity and staff assignments.
• Oversees the preparation, delivery, and professional presentation of all food & beverage activities for all AMA and external client meetings. Act as manager in the absence of center manager.
• Other related duties.
• Collaborates with Center Manager in Sales and Marketing efforts to “external” clients.
• Performs competitive product and pricing analysis.
• Participates in local market organizations to establish Center services to local customer base.
• Actively pursues potential business and responds to leads.
• Works with customers to effectively tailor the Centers capabilities to their meeting needs.
• Writes business proposals and contracts pertaining to the sale of AMA’s conference center services.
• Recommends new initiatives and evaluates results of initiatives currently in place.
• Maintains relationships with existing customers and works to broaden customer base.
• Other related duties.
- BA/BS degree – business/marketing degree or hospitality management degree and background preferred.
- 2+ years managerial experience.
- 3+ years sales and marketing experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be multi-task oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet ever-changing deadlines a must.
Apply via website: https://careers-amanet.icims.com/jobs/1603/assistant-manager/job