US POSTAL SERVICE (USPS) HIRING EVENT
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16
9am & 11am Application Sessions*
- *Need to attend only one session, approximately 1.5 hours long; space is limited and must arrive prior to session
- Learn about the jobs and get assistance completing online application.
- REQUIRED: Bring digital access to resume/ access to information to complete application
- Space is limited and is on a first come-first serve basis.
CURRENTLY SEEKING (in NoVa including Arlington, Alexandria, Merrifield, Reston):
▪City Carrier Assistant
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional public relations with customers, requiring familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography. Postal Exam 473 required.
▪Rural Carrier Assistant
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle. Must have a good driving record with a minimum of 2 years documented driving experience in the United States. Exam required for hiring.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be U. S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident alien, or citizen of territory owing allegiance to U.S.
- Able to work Saturdays, Weekdays as needed. MAY INCLUDE SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS.
- Driving Requirement: must have a valid state driver’s license, safe driving record, and at least two years of documented driving experience.
- Written Exams required (varying by position)
- Fulfill any physical requirements; maintain standards of service, dress code, etc.
For full job descriptions, visit www.usps.com ; click on Careers link at bottom of the home page, search openings by Virginia and job titles.
**Please bring information to complete online application- Space is limited and on a first come-first serve basis**
Can’t make the session?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line USPS Jobs for follow up; include a brief description of you skills and interest in working for US Postal Service