Part Time/ Weekend Front Desk Associate
Lakeside Condominiums- Falls Church, VA
Compensation: Hourly ($10.50-$11.00)
Weekend Hours: 7:45am – 4:15pm (30 minute lunch away from desk)
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the Front Desk Associate is the first point of contact for people entering the lobby or calling Lakeside Plaza Condominium (“Association”). As such, the Front Desk Associate must at all times display a professional appearance and speak in a polite manner and clear tone, including answering telephones or addressing people who have approached the Front Desk. The Front Desk Associate is expected to possess a working knowledge of the Association’s rules, policies and procedures, as well as familiarity with the Association’s amenities and surroundings in order to assist residents and their guests.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain professional disposition while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Represent the Association by greeting residents, guests, and other visitors at the Front Desk in a welcoming and professional manner.
• Actively comply with Association’s hospitality and customer service philosophy:
– Smile and make eye contact with every resident and guest we encounter – Verbally greet every resident and guest we encounter – Use resident’s and guest’s name when greeting him/her – Come to ‘attention’ when greeting a resident or guest
• Answer telephones or address people who enter the lobby or approach the Front Desk to politely answer questions, provide information.
• Assist in accordance with rules, regulations and policies;
• Receive and respond to resident complaints in accordance with established procedures and policies or as appropriate; assist residents with issues or problems that do not require direct management involvement.
• Monitor activity in the Lobby and, when necessary, coordinate on-site personnel to address residents’ and guests’ needs.
• Utilize the Master Phone Directory to contact residents to announce guests and deliveries.
• Maintain the appearance of the Front Desk area, Lobby, and main elevators by assuring it is organized and clean at all times; summon the janitorial or maintenance staff when needed; straighten cushions and periodicals as needed; maintain the back office and package room in a neat and orderly manner.
Education and/ or Experience: Previous front desk and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
–Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents with a good command of the English language and to proofread documents. Proficient in English composition, grammar and spelling. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak before groups of homeowners or employees of organization.
–Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratios and percentages.
-Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out business objectives and instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
-Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
-Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a Front Desk Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Activity Required:
• Ability to remove files from upper and lower file cabinet drawers and transfer them.
• Ability to file in upper and lower drawers of the file cabinets.
• Ability to safely and legally operate a vehicle.
• Ability to tour mechanical rooms and locations throughout a high rise building.
Work Environment: work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lakeside Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should email their pdf resumes outlining applicable skills and experience to email@example.com with subject line Front Desk Associate AEC