Chief Software Engineer– Job 376861
Octo Consulting Group is seeking an experienced Chief Software Engineer to join our growing team.
- Lead the development of cutting-edge technology that supports our nation’s fundamental defense services
- Integrate Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) products with a cloud based exploitation and GEOINT analysis system using state of the art technologies and tools
- Work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions
- Work with collaborative teams to perform technical activities that impact the design of cloud based systems
Skills & Requirements
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience as a Chief Software Engineer
- Experience with Agile Software Development (preferably the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with delivery on AWS or equivalent as well as lead software architect in that environment
- Experience with content delivery systems (i.e. Akamai) and distributed systems and use of high availability techniques across regionally distributed data centers.
- Experience with server side web development to include RESTful, SOAP, and OGC web service development as well as experience in test-based development, continuous integration knowledge of JAVA and OGC services
- Experience with Client side user interface development and experience in Human Computer Interaction (HCI)Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and configuration management
- 8+ years of experience with full life cycle software development, including design, test, integration, and deployment
- 5+ years of experience with developing in Java based applications in Agile/ Scrum Methodology
- Identifies and proposes technical solutions to development and deployment challenges and roadblocks
- Work with users to develop and mature requirements collection and user stores to develop workflows
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, master’s preferred
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- US citizenship required per contract
- Relocation will not be offered.
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
Please apply via this link: http://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6763&jid=376861#.VrEoyvkrKI4