Back-end SharePoint .net Developer
Are you a talented back-end developer? Do you enjoy working in an environment where your skills and input are valued? Do you want to be a part of a forward-thinking company with awesome culture and benefits? If so, then we want to speak with you!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking experienced back-end software developers to join our growing team in McLean, Virginia.
- As the a software developer you will be responsible for the design, development, and engineering of software solutions using SharePoint out of the Box (OOB) and custom coding and configuration.
- Primary responsibility of this role is the design and development SharePoint applications, some of which will utilize .NET/C#.
- Successful candidate will work directly with customers, test engineers and others throughout all stages of the development lifecycle to implement application enhancements.
- Responsible for technical design, coding and documentation.
- Unit tests code in preparation for testing and production implementation
- Supports business applications in production operation
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Understanding of SharePoint out of the box (OOB) features and toolsets and how to implement and/or their limitations
- 2-4 years of SharePoint 2010 experience
- 1-2 years SharePoint 2013 experience is preferred
- 2-4 years of experience .NET C# programming language.
- 2-4 years of experience with unit and integration testing of code.
- At least one year of experience with agile development methodology, preferably SAFe.
- At least one year of experience developing applications for enterprise business customers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with delivering remote unique complex Geospatial systems to the US Government strongly desired.
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to customer are a plus.
- SAFe certification
- Experience with JIRA software
- Experience with development and deployment into cloud environment
- Other related experience with fielded systems and mission/system operations along with system sustainment for high system availability requirements a plus.
US Citizenship Required
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- US citizenship required per contract. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time
- Relocation will not be offered.
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.