Outreach and Administrative Assistant
Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment (ACE) is seeking an outreach and administrative assistant, working 10 to 15 hours per week from January through June 2016. This is a volunteer position but offers a small stipend to cover transportation costs and may be applicable toward college credit.
This position would be great for …
- College students or recent college graduates
- Parents seeking a flexible opportunity and to gain experience
- Career changers seeking entry into the non-profit and environmental fields
You will …
- Coordinating logistics for school presentations, coordinating with outreach volunteers.
- Delivering presentations to school and youth groups.
- Assisting with coordination and implementation of outreach events.
- Writing and distributing calendar announcements and other publicity materials.
- Updating web site.
- Posting content on Twitter and Facebook.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
We’re looking for someone with …
- Availability to come to S. Arlington office at least five hours a week between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks
- Initiative taking inclination
- Outstanding attention to detail
Bonus point for …
- Experience working with youth
- Interest and/or experience with community nonprofits
- Spanish language proficiency
- Background or interest in environmental issues
- Web editing skills
- Availability on weekends