Education Program Coordinator
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for an individual with experience in an association environment to handle aspects of the educational components of the Society’s Annual Meeting. This individual will be responsible for coordinating our Industry Satellite Symposia application process, assisting with faculty management and updating website content and our Annual Meeting technology tools. Additional responsibilities include editing scientific abstracts for the Annual Meeting proceedings; preparing reports and documents for the Program Assembly Meeting; scheduling conference calls; taking meeting minutes and handling the coordination and tracking of applications received for the Best of ASTRO Licensing program.
Our office is currently located in Fairfax, VA but we will be moving to Crystal City in April of this year.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training.
- Two to four years of work experience, within a medical specialty society preferred.
- Editing or proofreading experience, with medical journals preferred.
- Previous volunteer committee management a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of an Association Management System (APTIFY preferred) and web development programs (Ektron, HTML).
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with contacts inside and outside the association, particularly with volunteers and physicians.
- Ability to listen effectively and clarify understanding as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills – shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations; e.g., internal staff, volunteers, physicians, and other external entities.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills – able to organize tasks; develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Be results oriented with the ability to work at a fast pace, determine priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving ability– able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Be extremely detail oriented with strong proofreading skills.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 26 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- On-site fitness center
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
To apply: Click Here ; please mention Arl Employment Center as your referral source
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.