PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
MEMBERSHIP, MARKETING AND PROF. DEVELOPMENT CENTER
This position is responsible for a wide range of program and operations support to SNA education programs and professional training. Support is provided in the areas of center operations, professional development adult learning initiatives, project management, call for proposal process and coordination of speakers, conferences and meetings logistics, web site content maintenance and committee management. Coordinates logistics for professional development webinars including set up, coordinating rehearsals, production assistance and follow up.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or high school diploma with equivalent combination of experience and training is required.
Experience And Knowledge:
- Three years or more of administrative or program experience in a business environment with independent and progressively responsible duties, preferably in a professional development business environment.
- Work experience reflecting independent responsibilities for project and operations support with additional daily workload demands.
- Work experience supporting professional development programs for adult learning through various delivery methods.
- Work experience in an association or other service-oriented environment with customer service responsibilities.
- Work experience in meeting logistics preferred.
- Webinar coordination and production work experience, preferred
- High level of computer software skills for presentations, briefing materials and use in e-learning media
- Demonstrated skills in independently and resourcefully managing a project workload and juggling daily center operations workload.
- Excellent communications skills, including strong drafting, editing and proofing skills, and verbal/presentation skills for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated skill in accessing, entering and retrieving information and utilizing database information systems for tracking and reporting.
- Strong workload organization skills with ability to handle priorities quickly, balance long and short term assignments, manage day to day demands and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and working in a group to achieve specific goals and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills to review problems and resourcefully research and identify solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to organizational change.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of MS Office Suite to include: Word (mail and email merges), Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat and GoToWebinars.POSITION RELATIONSHIPS:EXTERNAL: Frequent contact with members through forwarded Service Center calls. Contact with committee members, vendors, service providers and program speakers. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- INTERNAL: Works with SNA staff on a daily basis.
- Provides program management support to Professional Development programs and activities to help manage workflow, logistics, presentation preparations, conference calls, web meetings, contacts with members and outside participants, and reports.
- Responsible for providing support in the planning, coordination and production of professional development webinars.
- Responsible for administration of annual ANC Call for Proposal (CFP) process and coordination of speakers. Includes editing CFP content descriptions, posting and soliciting CFPs, managing submission deadlines, preparing all submissions for review by selection committee, compiling evaluation results, informing submitters of their status.
- Follows up with selected proposal submitters including timeframes for deadlines leading up to ANC, coordinating blast emails for speaker packet and presentation deadlines, entering confirmed speakers in the data base, plotting sessions with Director of Professional Development, providing session descriptions for promotional materials, collecting session presentations and coordinating committee review process.
- Responsible for providing logistics support to SNIC through registration, speaker communications, agenda development and onsite logistics support, as needed.
- Carries out tasks assigned to support project management, including tracking, research, software application skills and interacting with vendors, project contacts and members. Projects are assigned annually based on center goals and priorities.
- Provides logistical support to meetings and conferences, including coordination of set up, food and beverage, agendas, handouts, speakers and logistics details with facility representatives.
- Assists Director of Professional Development in a wide range of duties to support the Professional Development Committee, organizing and scheduling meetings and conference calls, preparing meeting materials, following up on action items, etc.
- Coordinates information submitted for SNA website and checks weekly to be sure website information is current. Coordinates input from Center head and Director of Professional Development to revise and update, as needed.
- Alerts Service Center if any information in the Service Center data base needs to be updated or revised, or provides additional materials as needed, based on incoming requests.
- Serves on rotation for Service Center call center support.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Performs other duties as assigned
Receive daily supervision from the Director of Professional Development, and frequent assignment oversight from the Senior Manager of Professional Development. Makes only routine decisions independently.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- General office desk work, moving to and from meetings and interacting with staff.
- Significant moving around is required at SNA meetings and conferences at hotel and conference center facilities or at other organizations’ locations.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org