AEEC is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to support our Corporate Headquarters office in Reston, VA.
Accounting Manager will be responsible for general ledger, financial statements and overall accounting system. Supports annual financial statement audits and tax return process, as well as Government audits as required. In depth knowledge of GAAP, FAR & Government Contract accounting concepts and principals.
- At least 7 years of experience in government contracting with hands-on experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV for government contracting companies
- Responsible for managing the general accounting function
- Oversees the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- At least 7 years Government Contracts experience
- At least 3-5 years minimum experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Accounting/Finance. Designation of CPA desired
- DCAA, Indirect Rates & ICE Model submission experience
- CPA preferred and CPA firm experience a plus
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Proposal pricing experience a plus
- Experience with monthly general journal entries- processing or reviewing daily, weekly & monthly accounting transactions;
- Experience as responsible for specific contract billings and program control reports
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=19051802
AEEC is a professional services organization with a proven track record of providing IT, Engineering, Environmental, and Project Management services to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides customers with highly trained, professional resources while building long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC’s environmental expertise, developed over the last 15 years, has been refined to include green practices and technologies. With our IT capabilities, we are able to leverage AEEC green solutions across the entirety of an organization. AEEC is a minority, woman-owned business and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by the Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). AEEC pays all premiums associated with these insurances at no cost to the employee. Family coverage is provided at a 25% paid contribution by AEEC. Medical and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.