IT Operations Lead (w/ Clearance)
Job Description: Octo Consulting Group is looking for an experienced cleared IT Operations Lead experienced in maintaining a web portal to a high level of operational availability in the Intelligence Community. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This individual will assist the project team with technical issues in the Operation and Maintenance phases of the project. These activities may include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development of technical solutions; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions and/or latest upgrades. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems that support application infrastructure; Windows and MS System Center that support Help Desk Operations. Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation and system availability.
- Lead an IT operations team that will utilize core servers to monitor the systems’ CPU load, memory load, disk user and application status
- Manage resolution of technical issues when a system problem occurs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Manage maintenance of operational, installation, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Manage ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Manage configuration of CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Manage maintenance of system standards.
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) to provide site operational status on a regular basis
- Manage resolution of ISP problems
- Manage deployment of baseline updates
- Manage Tier 2 support in troubleshooting entity incidents
- Manage repair and recovery from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Manage application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade of administrative tools and utilities. Manage configuration / addition of new services as necessary.
- Manage client relationships including senior level coordination and synchronization.
- Participate in financial reviews, PMRs, and technical reviews with the customer.
- Extract and synthesize complex information to prepare briefings, read-aheads and other materials
Skills & Requirements
- Associates Degree
- 3 Years of Experience Leading a Web Service System Operations Team
- 3-5 Years of Experience Performing Server Maintenance and Support (e.g. MS Windows Service 2008)
- Experience serving on a team that demonstrated the ability to maintain operational availability of a web-based application at 98% (planned and unplanned outages) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with multiple levels of management.
- Experience with IT Operational Management Tools such as Remedy
- Experience with managing an operational IT software environment
- Experience with Intelligence Community Products and Services
- Experience with Intelligence Community Technical Delivery and Operational Environments
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Must enjoy working with others and collaborating with various stakeholders
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with peers and organizational personnel at all levels
- Able to effectively communicate complex topics and procedures with team members and all other organizational personnel
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and focus
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS SharePoint 2013
- Certification and Accreditation processes (Including ICD 503)
- Documentation development
Clearance:: Active TS/SCI
Location: Springfield, VA
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time
- Relocation will not be offered.
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.
Please apply via this link: http://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6763&jid=372490#.Vo6dxRUrKI7