Arlington Community Federal Credit Union (ACFCU), a $220 million dollar credit union located in Arlington, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a Loan Advisor (Call Center) to join our Lending Call Center team that focus on consistently exceeding member expectations in sales and service.
The Loan Advisor serves our members and prospective members as the primary selling agent for Credit Union loan products and services. The ideal candidate must be energetic, personally driven to achieve sales goals, and focused on providing REMARKABLE member service.
· Interviewing members in order to compile critical information regarding loan needs, earnings and financial condition to determine credit worthiness and processing requests for consumer and real estate loans via phone, online, and in branch.
· Preparing and reviewing all loan documentation for completeness, accuracy and compliance and BSA and other regulatory requirements and Credit Union policy and procedure.
· Analyzing and determining the credit worthiness of members applying for credit and providing credit guidance as appropriate.
· Contacting members to explain loan decisions, including denials, approvals, and counteroffers.
· Discussing, as appropriate, loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation.
· Collecting and preparing documentation needed to fund and disburse loans.
· Establishing and maintaining a financial advisory relationship with members by conducting follow up telephone calls.
· Maintaining expert level sales knowledge of all ACFCU products and services in order to identify cross-sell opportunities and offer appropriate products and services to members.
· Analyzing potential lending opportunities involved in each member’s situation to further assist members in acquiring the right products and services for their needs/wants and to meet individual and Credit Union sales goals.
· Cross-selling loan ancillary products and refer members to Credit Union mortgage, investment, and insurance partners.
· Working as liaison with indirect dealers and indirect loans.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· 2-3 years of related lending experience.
· Previous call center or face-to-face experience in lending and sales.
· Prior experience reading and interpreting credit reports.
· Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related electronic processing equipment.
· Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications (Microsoft Excel and Word preferred).
· Excellent communication skills, phone demeanor and etiquette are required.
· Must be able to work on M-F between the hours of 8:00AM and 6:00PM and alternating Saturday mornings.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Bi-lingual Spanish.
· Prior experience using Symitar.
· Additional specialized or technical training.