Senior Linux Virtualization Engineer with Federal customer’s program in Alexandria, VA/ AEEC
AEEC is currently seeking a Senior Linux Virtualization Engineer with a focus on OpenStack to support our direct Federal customer’s program in Alexandria, VA.
The selected candidate will:
- Lead in the development and implementation of OpenStack. Additionally, this position will provide Tier 3 support of Redhat Virtualization and OpenStack for the Operations teams.
- Provide Engineering support for the Planning, Configuration and Implementation of the OpenStack environment.
- Lead and assist in the training of the support teams.
- Assist in the engineering and deployment efforts of the future infrastructure.
- Assist in developing system documentation; update documentation to reflect server solution requirements, concept of operations, and operational procedures.
- Develop and validate the migration process to the current virtual infrastructure.
- Assist in the migration effort of the current OpenStack environment to the new environment and support the transition to a production environment.
- Assist with Physical-2-Virtual for both Windows and Linux servers.
- Research and analyze open-source technologies for cost-effective virtual server solutions.
- Assist in trend-analysis data gathering and reporting.
- Assist in benchmarking analysis and in compiling appropriate reports.
- 2+ years of engineering experience with OpenStack
- 7-10 years of experience providing system administration on Linux and/or Windows systems
- Solid understanding and engineering experience with RHEV and RHEL, VMware, vSphere
- Strong inter-personal skills and user-friendly written and verbal communications
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative development team environment
- Experience in networking, storage and Virtualization technologies
- Able to organize projects including infrastructure upgrades
- Evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies
- Ability to pass a federal government background investigation
- Diverse technology experience (across operating systems and application platforms)
- Strong understanding of Cloud computing
- Strong understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Satellite, IDM and CloudForms
- Understanding of access technologies such as LDAP and Kerberos
- Experience using KVM or other Linux based virtualization tools
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of backup and recovery systems
- Experience developing and managing Automation Tools
- Strong scripting skills for automation of routine tasks
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=17271772
AEEC is a professional services organization with a proven track record of providing IT, Engineering, Environmental, and Project Management services to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides customers with highly trained, professional resources while building long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC’s environmental expertise, developed over the last 15 years, has been refined to include green practices and technologies. With our IT capabilities, we are able to leverage AEEC green solutions across the entirety of an organization. AEEC is a minority, woman-owned business and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by the Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council.
- AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
- AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
- AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). AEEC pays all premiums associated with these insurances at no cost to the employee. Family coverage is provided at a 25% paid contribution by AEEC. Medical and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.