Job Title: Engineer, FEP Software
Location: Washington DC Career Band: Band A
Job ID #: 7973
PURPOSE: Responsible for the development and implementation of software cross the multiple platforms by leveraging the state-of-art technology. Serves as a technical role in the development of Corporate Systems and collaborates with business customers in examining solution options and in planning and managing multiple IT centric projects. Participates the development and implement of new applications, as well as reengineering the existing legacy systems (Mainframe, COBOL, etc.) and if appropriate, reapplying them via object oriented programming.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the FEP System Manager the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Performs coding and testing on complicated revisions to applications, and creates efficient and maintainable new applications with cutting-edge technologies. Utilizes object oriented language or integration tools to enhance the functionality in the existing applications.
Confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives.
Develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, research, projects and so on
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or directly related field with 2 to 3 years of experience with professional software development experience in object-oriented language. Candidates should have experience working with relational databases such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, or Microsoft SQL Server. Candidates will be required to have a good understanding of object oriented concept. A quick learner and a self starter.
Minimum of two years’ experience with the OnBase product by Hyland. Experience to include trouble shooting issues with document access issues, missing documents, user rights and roles, scanning issues and documents stuck in the various stages of processing. Administrative knowledge to assist with upgrades and testing of the various product functions and features.
Candidates should have experience working with teams and show a propensity in dealing with the user community. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction). This position will require strong application development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and some external vendors will be extremely helpful in moving any and all projects forward.
- Hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,…)
- Basic trouble shooting skill set
- Hands on experience with RDBMS (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL) Department: Production SupportActual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Please apply before: 12/10/2015PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
- The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
- Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This position is also subject to being “on call” for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.