MicroStrategy Administrator/ GMU
The George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), Data Mart Support/Business Intelligence Department located on the Fairfax, Va., campus is seeking an experienced MicroStrategy Administrator to be part of Mason’s Business Intelligence Group.
Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for administering our MicroStrategy environment, assisting with developing reports, modifying existing reports, and providing technical support to university report writers. Additionally, this position will work closely with our MicroStrategy team to help assist with various tasks, such as developing and maintaining scripts for security and automation.
Required Qualifications: This individual have must have significant working knowledge of SQL preferably with Oracle databases, scripting experience in Java/Unix shell, and experience with MicroStrategy.
- Understanding of MicroStrategy architecture and operations;
- Demonstrated significant working knowledge of SQL queries;
- Experience developing reports in MicroStrategy;
- Experience with scripting including Java and Unix shell scripts;
- Excellent communication skills for supporting both functional area users and ITS technical staff; and
- Ability to multitask.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries; and
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Data Warehouse design and Star Schema methodology.
Education: B.S. or higher degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
**For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00810z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. EO/AA/Vet/Disabled Employer