Church Administrator Position – Part-Time
Clarendon Presbyterian Church, a small, progressive and inclusive congregation in Arlington, VA, is seeking an administrator to manage our church facility with several non‐profit tenants and to perform the weekly administrative and communications functions of the church. The administrator will be supervised by the Pastor and work as part of the ministry team including the Pastor, Education Director, and Music Director to accomplish the goals and mission of the church. Religious beliefs or affiliation of the candidate are not a factor, but a successful candidate will support the church’s mission of feeding our community.
This part‐time position will entail 12‐15 hours of work on a weekly basis on site at the church with some flexibility in the work schedule. We are specifically looking for someone who is seeking only part-time work, and is willing to commit to this position for an extended period.We are seeking a candidate who is energetic, organized and an effective communicator with proven administrative, property management, computer, writing and simple bookkeeping skills. Experience with Quicken and graphic design skills preferred.
The specific tasks of the job include:
- Serving as the point of contact for tenants and other vendors regarding maintenance requests and other property management matters;
- Securing the services of repair contractors called to the building as needed;
- With church oversight, paying all bills and preparing bi‐monthly payroll. Allocate all paid bills, payroll and online donations made to the church in Quicken;
- Timely processing and distribution of all incoming mail;
- Timely response and follow up to incoming telephone and e‐mail inquiries;
- Copying the Sunday service bulletins weekly with occasional minor editing;
- Managing routine church communications under the direction of the Pastor including the weekly e‐mail blast and website updates;
- Organizing and maintaining church paper and electronic files;
- Assist in the logistical preparation for services and special events held at the church.
The salary is negotiable depending upon skills and experience. References required.
Send inquiries with cover letter and resume to: Clarendonpresbyinfo@gmail.com